Waban Area Council
Thursday, August 20, 2020. 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Zoom meeting – details below
- Administrative business – Treasurer’s Report.
- Approval of WAC July minutes. (5’).
- Issues from the Community (5’)
- Update on FOTQ special meeting 8-12-2920 & survey results (10’) CBP
- Zoning Reform Rena Getz & City Councilor Pam Wright
Update on proposed new code
Consideration of Waban community survey on proposed zoning code
General outreach strategy
- VOTE in the September Primary - Tuesday, September 1st. For this election, Waban's polling location has shifted from the Waban Library to the Zervas School, 30 Beethoven Street, from 7am - 8pm. Amy Sangiolo's newsletter has much more Voter information (here).
- If you are Newton Public School family, please complete your survey (here). Due today.
- As of this date (Friday August 14th) Crystal Lake is safe for swimming. See test results here.
Dial by your location
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 874 9281 1870
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kvd5u0Kdn
Waban Area Council
Aug 20, 2020 7:00 pm
Held via Zoom
WAC Members :Sallee Lipshutz, Chris Pitts, Isabelle Ahlbeck, Rena Getz, Tom Elkind, Ronald Marcus
Community: Pam Wright, Peter Bruce, Tarik Lucas
City Councillors: Deb Crossley, Andrea Downs
Update on Changes to Zoning Ordinance: Presentation by Rena Getz available on WAC website.
WAC members in attendance informally agreed to create a subcommittee which will create a questionnaire to determine which zoning changes are favored by Waban residents.
Treasurer’s Report (WAC bank account has $902.50) Approved.
July Minutes Approved.
Meeting adjourned 9:00
Respectfully submitted by Dinah Bodkin, October 3, 2020