March 8th 2018
We will hold two meetings on Thursday March 8th at the Waban Library Center.
6:30pm-7:30pm Special Meeting re Beethoven/Allen Ave Traffic Claming.
The City of Newton Transportation Dept. has identified Beethoven Ave. and Allen Ave. as streets that may benefit from traffic calming measures. City officials would like to hear from residents on this issue. Please join us on Thursday, March 8 from 6:30pm-7:30pm to hear about the traffic studies and data regarding speed and collisions on those two streets and to give your input regarding possible traffic calming measures.
City Officials Attending:
- Officer Dawn Fleming, Newton Police Traffic Bureau
- Nicole Freedman, Newton Director of Transportation
- Jason Sobel, Newton’s Deputy Director of Transportation Operations
- John Rice, Ward 5 City Councilor
If you are unable to attend the meeting but have comments or suggestions regarding traffic and safety on Beethoven and Allen Ave., please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will forward your comments to city officials.
Waban Area Council
Regular Meeting Agenda
March 8, 2018, 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Ann Berwick, Co-Director of Sustainability for the City of Newton will give a presentation on Newton Power Choice, a municipal aggregation program that will allow Newton residents to buy more renewable power through their utility provider (60 minutes).
- Approval of February Minutes (5 minutes).
- Approval of Treasurer’s Report (5 minutes).
- Burning Issues from the Community (10 minutes).
- Update on proposed medical marijuana dispensary at 1152 Beacon (site of former South Pacific restaurant) – RG (10 minutes).
- Should WAC plan a community forum on the proposal similar to NHAC meeting?
- Zoning Refrom Update. Thursday, March 15, Planning Dept. event - “Building Shape, Size, and Form in Neighborhoods and Village Centers” at 6:30 p.m. at the Newton Free Library – Druker Auditorium, 330 Homer Street. Check out the entire nine-part Zoning Redesign series online and RSVP at . (10 minutes).
- WAC blast email content. Discuss policy regarding content of blast emails. Note – given we are beginning the evening with a 6:30p.m. special meeting on Beethoven/Allen traffic calming, if our meeting is running long we will hold this issue for future discussion. (15 minutes).
- Next Meeting – April 12. CP to present Waban vision survey results.
The location of this meeting is handicap accessible, and reasonable accommodations will be provided to persons requiring assistance. If you need a special accommodation, please contact the city of Newton’s ADA Coordinator, Jini Fairley, at least two business days in advance of the meeting: email@example.com or (617) 796-1253. For Telecommunications Relay Service, please dial 711.