March 24th 2015 Special Meeting
Agenda: review and approve contents of WIS newsletter insert.
Members in Attendance:Rena Getz, Chris Pitts, Sallee Lipshutz, Maureen Reilly-Meagher, Joe Corkery, Andreae Downs
City officials: Other attendees: Members Absent:Matthew Gardella, Barbara Bower, Kathryn Winters
1. Meeting called to order at 6:00 PM
2. RG moves to open discussion on content of letter. MRM seconds.
3. RG suggests reducing the number of times the word “developer” appears in the St. Philip Neri section as it is overused. SL updated text of paragraph to improve wording.
4. AD notes that Angier/Zervas paragraph should be updated to reflect the fact that slides are already online.
5. AD recommends moving “Stay Informed” section above list of councilors
6. AD recommends pulling out last paragraph about future planning meeting and bold it.
7. SL incorporates above edits into document. SL moves to adopt document as edited. AD seconds. Unanimously approved.
8. SL states the following are the prices for printing: ● $192.30 for b&w ● $230.76 for color
9. SL moves to vote on whether or not to print in color vs. b&w. AD seconds.
Unanimously approved to print in color.
10. SL states the cost of insertion in the newsletter is $96.15 for a total cost including print of $326.91.
11. AD moves to approve funding. CP seconds. Unanimously approved.
12. SL states that while this mailing will capture ~1900 or so residents in the Waban Area. There are still hundreds of residents we will need to reach by another means.
13. AD suggests that perhaps we should write a letter to the editor for the Tab as another way to raise visibility.
14. MRM states that she doesn’t want to rule out any mediums for awareness yet. Suggests looking into ways for all of us to learn how best to use media.
15. RG suggests that we get additional copies printed to hand out at Waban Village Day. AD moves that we authorize up to $100 for printing extra copies. JC seconds. Unanimously approved.
16. SL moves to adjourn at 6:23 pm. JC seconds. Unanimously approved.
Next meeting will take place on April 9, 2015. Adjourn. 6:23 pm. Respectfully submitted, Joe Corkery