July 16 2015 mtg
The Waban Area Council will hold its July monthly meeting on the 16th at 7:30pm at the Waban Library Center. (This represents a change from the usually scheduled meeting date of the 2nd Thursday of the month.)
Following 7 PM Angier Community and Construction Team Meeting
- APPROVAL OF JUNE 11, 2015 MEETING MINUTES: JC (1 min)
- APPROVAL OF JULY 16, 2015 TREASURER’S REPORT: RG (1 min)
- BURNING ISSUES: Community comments for future agenda or immediate resolution (5 min)
- BEACON ST / COLLINS RD / WABAN AVE: JR (5 min)
- Angier Construction Progress: BB (2 min)
- Add-A-Lane July Update from MassDOT: SL (1 min)
- Left turns to Route 128 from Route 9 to be activated in August! - Possible WAC Action: Letter to DOT, others, stating need for impact reduction measures?
- Contacts at MassDOT: Joseph Graham (MassDOT Resident Engineer) and Trish Foley (MassDOT Legislative Liaison) Email: NWi95@dot.state.ma.us
- Website for Add-A-Lane: Citizens can also signup for updates
- Zervas Design Review - update from July 13 meeting: JR or RG (5 min)
- Friends of the Quinobequin: MRM (3 min)
- WAC Boundary Petition - BOA vote on July 13: SL (2 min)
- WAC Election Update: SL (5 min)
- Streets, Sidewalks, and Parking Committee: AD (10 min)
- Improvements by MA Highway under Route 9 at Chestnut and Quinobequin
- Organization of aqueduct abutters outreach effort
- Possible WAC Participation in 3 or 4 Area Council Candidates' Night?: SL (5 min)
- St. Philip Neri - 1521 Beacon St: SL (15 min)
- 1615 Beacon Street (built 1750) - Purchased by Developer: RG (1 min)
- Communication Committee - Access to Mailchimp, Facebook, & Website: All (15 min)
- Possible review of Waban Area Council By-Laws to ensure a process for at least two offices to have access and approval to distribute items and of timing for distributions. Weekly or bi/weekly newsletter with announcements?
- New City Charter Commission: SL (5 min)
- WAC Input?
- HUD Complaint Compliance Letter and BOA Docket Item: RG (5 min)
- NEW BUSINESS: New items that may lawfully arise for discussion.
- ADJOURN: Next Waban Area Council Meeting: Sept 10, 2015, 7:30PM, Waban Library Ctr
We encourage you to contribute to the Newton Food Pantry, housed in the basement of the Waban Library Center, by bringing non-perishable food items when you attend our monthly meetings!
The location of this meeting is handicap accessible, and reasonable accommodations will be provided to persons requiring assistance. If you need a special accommodation, please contact John Lojek, at least two days in advance of the meeting: email@example.com or 617-796-1064. For Telecommunications Relay Service dial 711.