- Approval of December Minutes and Treasurer’s Report.
- Election of 2019 Officers. (15 minutes).
- Riverside Update – City has announced visioning process. (10 minutes).
- Discuss request by Newton Lower Falls Improvement Association to circulate petition opposing the current development proposal to our email list.
- Solar Sites Phase III (30 minutes) – Discussion of proposal to install solar panels at a number of municipal and school properties. For background, review concept designs and December 5th Public Facilities Committee Report. (Note that the city has decided not to pursue the proposed installation at Albermarle). Public Hearing January 16th at 7pm at Newton City Hall Council Chambers.
- Zoning Reform Update, including update on joint area council committee on Zoning Reform. (10 minutes) The drafts and other relevant documents can be found on the City website.
- 1158 Beacon St. – Recreational Marijuana Dispensary. The Planning Department’s list of Design Review Team meetings for the week includes: 1158 Beacon St., Special permit for a recreational marijuana establishment (BU2, Ward 6). If we have any further information on this project we will present it at the meeting.
- Discussion of 2019 plans for WAC. Collaboration and support of other area councils/neighborhood organizations. Expected budget, fundraising. (20 minutes)
- Northland Project (Needham and Oak). January 15th Land Use meeting at City Hall to discuss transportation management plan. Documentation online
- 1114 Beacon St. – The developer is hosting a community meeting January 8th, 7pm at the Women’s Club of Newton Highlands, 72 Columbus St. The developer is presenting a revised proposal for a mixed-use building with 22 residential condominiums and commercial space.
- Next Meeting February 14th.
Thursday, January 10, 2019 - 7:30pm