August 22 2013
Review notes from July 25, 2013 WAC meeting at Waban Library Center
Remarks from our Ward 5 Aldermen
Remarks from Ana Gonzales – City Neighborhood Council Representative
Continued Discussion of Rt. 128 – Rt. 9 issue:
- A. Report on meeting with William Paille, Director of Transportation (July 31 and August 15).
- B. Mitigation process update – Rte 9 - Chestnut Street Off-ramp?
- C. Video demo of the 9/128 intersection to be shown to three Area Councils.
Updates on Waban and Near-Waban Asset Developments:
- St. Philip Neri Church
- Riverside Development – Sewer, storm water, schools, and traffic Draft Special Permit #258-12 Riverside: http://www.newtonma.gov/civicax/filebank/documents/53386
- 3. Hospice of Good Shepherd Property (Engine 6)
Possible Waban Candidates’ Night – Newton Mayoral and Aldermen-at-Large Candidates
Waban Area Council Election Procedures Update:
- Sept. 11 - Programs and Services Committee accepts/rejects proposed election date for nine Waban
- Sept. 16 - Full Board of Aldermen accept/reject proposed election date for nine Waban Area Councilor
- Sept. 17 - Nomination papers available at Election Dept. at City Hall
- Oct. 4 - Nomination papers due back at City Hall
- Oct. 11 - Signatures verified
- Oct. 24 - Candidates Night for Waban Council positions at Waban Library Center
- Nov. 5 - City Election - (Waban Area Council’s Councilor Election to be held at Zervas School only.)
Waban Improvement Society Updates
New Business – Volunteer to attend November meeting to learn the process of applying for CPA funds to bring Waban Library Center up to ADA Compliance level. Funding for FY 2015.
Next Meeting: Thursday, September 26, 2013 at 7:30pm, Waban Library Center.
Waban Library Center
Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 7:30pm