Sept 10, 2015 Mtg
WABAN AREA COUNCIL AGENDA
WABAN AREA COUNCIL MEETING: 7:30PM (FIRM TIME)
FOLLOWING 7PM ANGIER COMMUNITY AND CONSTRUCTION TEAM MEETING
- I. APPROVAL OF JULY 16, 2015 MEETING MINUTES JC (1 min)
- II. APPROVAL OF SEPT. 10, 2015 TREASURER’S REPORT RG (1 min)
- III. BURNING ISSUES: Community comments for future agenda or immediate resolution (5 min)
- IV. UPDATES AND DISCUSSIONS:
A. Angier Construction Progress – BB (2 min)
B. Add-A-Lane – Sept. 4 Update from MassDOT: SL (3 min)
1. Left turns to Route 128 from Route 9 to be activated on September 11.
2. Contacts at MassDOT: Joseph Graham (MassDOT Resident Engineer) and Trish
Foley (MassDOT Legislative Liaison) E-mail: NWi95@dot.state.ma.us
3. Website for Add-A-Lane: (Citizens can also sign up for updates here):
C. Beacon/Collins/Waban Ave. – Water pipe status. JR (2 min)
D. WAC Election Update: WAC Candidates’- Nomination Papers due SEPT. 18(1min)
E. Streets, Sidewalks and Parking: (10 min)
1. MA Highway Improvements under Rt. 9 @Chestnut & Quinobequin underpasses (AD)
2. Aqueduct abutters outreach effort (AD)
3. Waban Parking Plan – Aug. 25th meeting; Docket Item by Ward 5 Aldermen (SL/JR)
4. Quinobequin Road milling and paving by DCR (MRM)
F. Tri-Area Council Sponsored Citywide Candidates’ Night – Sun., Oct. 4. SL (5min)
G. St. Philip Neri: Site Eligibility Letter Approved by DHCD & Request to Historical
Preservation Commission for Demolition Delay (KW 5 min)
H. Communication Comm. – Google-Groups and Mail Chimp e-mails combined? All
items that are not documents should indicate the author.
I. Newton City Charter Commission. SL (5min) WAC Input?
J. Community Bulletin Board Removal and Replacement (CP)
VI. NEW BUSINESS: Ask Mayor Warren and CFO Maureen LeMieux to attend November WAC
Meeting. Also, new items that may lawfully arise for discussion.
VII. ADJOURN: Next Waban Area Council Meeting: October 8, 2015, 7:30PM, Waban Lib. Ctr.
1. Sept. 11 Annual Commemoration at the Newton 9/11 Memorial on the front lawn of the
Newton Centre Fire Dept. Headquarters, 1164 Centre Street, 6-6:30pm. All invited to
2. Pine Straw Gift and Apparel Shop Opened in Waban Square last week.
We encourage you to contribute to the Newton Food Pantry, housed in the basement
of the Waban Library Center, by bringing non-perishable food items when you attend our
The location of this meeting is handicap accessible, and reasonable accommodations will be provided to persons requiring assistance.
If you need a special accommodation, please contact John Lojek, at least two days in advance of the meeting:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-796-1064. For Telecommunications Relay Service dial 711.