June Mtg 2017
Thursday, June 8, 2017, 7:30pm, Waban Library Center
Zervas community/ construction team meeting 7Pm
WABAN AREA COUNCIL MEETING: 7:30PM (FIRM TIME)
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF WAC May 11, 2017 MEETING JC (2 min)
II. APPROVAL OF June 8, 2017 WAC TREASURER’S REPORT RG (2 min)
III. BURNING ISSUES: Community comments for future agenda or immediate resolution. (5 min)
- St. Philip Neri at 1521 Beacon St. - SL
- Staples-Craft House at 1615 Beacon Street – July 3 purchase? –SL
- WAC Waban Historic District Subcommittee Update RG
- “Waban Common” Plan, WAC Sponsorship & Fundraising- JR & SL
- WAC Visioning Community Survey – Results of first section of survey: CP
- WAC Business Development –Subcommittee Update
- Election Showcases –1) At-large City Council and School Committee races – Oct. 8; Mayoral race and Charter Commission Ballot Question – Oct. 22.
- 284 Woodward Street – A year later - SL
V. AREA COUNCIL ELECTION INFORMATION FOR NOVEMBER 7 (5min) SL:
VI. NEW BUSINESS: New items that may lawfully arise for discussion.
VII. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Tour de Newton - This is a 20 mile, 13 Village, Family Cycling Event on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 18, 9:30am to 1pm. To sign up, go to: bikenewton.org/tour-de-newton/.
VIII. ADJOURN. Next regularly scheduled Waban Area Council Meeting: Thurs. July 27, 2017, 7:30pm, immediately following the Zervas Construction Team/Community Meeting at 7PM at Waban Lib. Ctr.
PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE: Next Waban Area Council Meeting will be July 27, 2017 at 7:30pm at the Waban Library Center
The location of this meeting is handicap accessible, and reasonable accommodations will be provided to persons requiring assistance. If you need a special accommodation, please contact the city of Newton’s ADA Coordinator, Jini Fairley, at least two business days in advance of the meeting: email@example.com or (617) 796-1253. For Telecommunications Relay Service, please dial 711.