Feb 9, 2017 mtg
Thursday, February 9, 2017, 7:30pm, Waban Library Center
Zervas community/ construction team meeting 7Pm
WABAN AREA COUNCIL MEETING: 7:30PM (FIRM TIME)
I. APPROVAL OF MINUTES OF JAN 12 MEETING & 2016 ANNUAL REPORT TO CITY (5 min)
II. APPROVAL OF FEB 9, 2017 TREASURER’S REPORT AND ANNUAL REPORT
TO CITY RG (5 min)
III. BURNING ISSUES: Community comments for future agenda or immediate resolution. (5 min)
IV. DISCUSSION WITH CITY OF NEWTON CHIEF OF POLICE DAVID MACDONALD
V. UPDATES: (35 min)
- St. Philip Neri at 1521 Beacon St.: KW (5 min)
- Staples-Craft House at 1615 Beacon Street –RG and KW (5 min).
- WAC Waban Historic District Sub-Committee Information Gathering Update RG (10 min)
- “Waban Common” (Island Across from Angier). Third Public Hearing scheduled for Wed., January 4 was postponed for traffic safety resolution. SL and JR (5 min)
- WAC Visioning Community Survey CP (5 min)
- Charter Commission – Area Council Position on Charter proposal for next Charter Commission vote and March 15 Public Hearing.(5 min) SL
- WAC and community members begin a look at Waban business center needs.(5 min) SL
VI. NEW BUSINESS: New items that may lawfully arise for discussion.
VII. ADJOURN. Next regularly scheduled Waban Area Council Meeting: Thurs. Mar. 9, 2017, 7:30pm, immediately following the Zervas Construction Team/Community Meeting at 7PM at Waban Lib. Ctr.
The location of this meeting is handicap accessible, and reasonable accommodations will be provided to persons requiring assistance.
If you need a special accommodation, please contact the city of Newton’s ADA Coordinator, Jini Fairley, at least two business days
in advance of the meeting: firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 796-1253. For Telecommunications Relay Service, please dial 711.