August 11, 2016
WABAN AREA COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
Thursday, August 11, 2016, 7:30 PM - Waban Library Center
Following 7 PM Zervas Community and Construction Team Meeting
- APPROVAL OF MAY 12, 2016 MEETING MINUTES - JC (4 min)
- APPROVAL OF AUGUST 11, 2016 TREASURER’S REPORT - RG (2 min)
- BURNING ISSUES
Community comments for future agenda or immediate resolution. (5 min)
- INTRODUCTION OF NEWTON'S DIRECTOR OF PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT, BARNEY HEATH & LILY CANAN REYNOLDS, PLANNING DEPARTMENT COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT MANAGER - SL (20 min)
- CHARTER COMMISSION - WAC ARTICLE 9 STUDY GROUP FOR SEPTEMBER 14 PRESENTATION TO CHARTER COMMISSION - JC, KW, SL (15 min)
- WAC LETTER TO SCHOOL COMMITTEE RE: SETTING SITE STREET DESIGN POLICIES - AD (15 min)
- UPDATES: (25min)
- St. Philip Neri/1521 Beacon St: Continuation of ZBA Public Hearing until Sept - RG (5 min)
- Staples-Craft House at 1615 Beacon St: July 28 Newton Historical Commission Recommendation to Mass Historical Commission - SL, RG (5 min)
- WAC Waban Historic District Sub-Committee Information Gathering Update - RG (5 min)
- "Waban Common" (Island Across from Angier) - SL (5min)
- WAC Visioning Community Survery - CP (5 min)
- NEW BUSINESS:
New items that may lawfully arise for discussion.
- Waban Area Council meeting in September on Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at Brigham House (20 Hartford St) in Newton Highlands at 7:30 PM, due to State Election to be held at our regularly scheduled meeting time! Zervas Construction meeting to precede WAC meeting at 7 PM.
- State Primary - Thursday, Sept 8, 2016
- Charter Commission Public Hearing on Area Councils - Wed, Sept 14, 7 PM, City Hall
- ZBA Public Hearing on St. Philip Neri (Continued from July) to be resumed September 29.
Next regularly scheduled Waban Area Council Meeting: WEDNESDAY September 7 at 7:30pm, (immediately following the Zervas Construction Team/Community Meeting at 7PM) at Brigham House (20 Hartford St) in Newton Highlands.
We encourage you to contribute to the Newton Food Pantry, now housed in the basement of the City Hall, by bringing non-perishable food items to that new location!
The location of this meeting is handicap accessible, and reasonable accommodations will be provided to persons requiring assistance. If you need a special accommodation, please contact John Lojek, at least two days in advance of the meeting: firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-796-1064. For Telecommunications Relay Service dial 711.